Stockfish is a free, open source, and strong UCI chess engine derived from Glaurung 2.1 that analyzes chess positions and computes the optimal moves.
Stockfish does not include a graphical user interface (GUI) that is required to display a chessboard and to make it easy to input moves. Several Free GUIs are developed independently from Stockfish and are available online. Read the documentation for your GUI of choice for information about how to use Stockfish with it.
If you're looking for any kind of assistance with Stockfish.
- Trainer: official-stockfish/nnue-pytorch
- Fishtest: official-stockfish/fishtest
- Website: official-stockfish/stockfish-web
- WDL model: official-stockfish/WDL_model
- Fishtest worker setup: ppigazzini/fishtest-worker-setup
- Matetrack: vondele/matetrack
- Mac app: daylen/stockfish-mac
See also our overview of Governance and Responsibilities.